Saab 9-3 Convertible
1 of 366
Limited Edition Saab Convertible Celebrates First Year of Independence
• Saab celebrates year of independence with launch of numbered limited edition
• Saab 9-3 Convertible Independence Edition based on Aero specification
• Unique color and interior trim features
• Choice of three turbo engines: diesel, gasoline and BioPower
Trollhättan, Sweden: Saab is celebrating the first anniversary of its independence by launching an exclusive Independence Edition of its 9-3 Convertible. Just 366 examples will be produced, one for each day during the first year and one extra for the start of a second year.
Unveiled at Saab’s assembly plant in Trollhättan as part of a day of celebration, the Independence Edition features a unique, Amber Orange metallic paint finish. It is based on top-of-the-line Griffin Aero specification and includes a limited edition number etched into the rear side windows.
The Independence Edition is further distinguished by:
• Five spoke, 18-inch alloy wheels with a satin chrome/black finish
• Orange trimmed beige sports leather seats and glovebox
• Carbon-fiber look leather finish for the instrument panel, handbrake, gearshift molding and door handles
• Driver ‘welcome’ message in instrument display, unique turbo boost gauge
• Orange stitched sports leather steering wheel and carpet mats with grey piping
The powertrain choice comprises a 180 hp, 1.9-liter two-stage turbo diesel; a 220 hp, 2.0-liter gasoline turbo with direct injection and variable valve timing, and a Biopower version able to run on any combination of gasoline or E85 fuel. All engines are available with six-speed automatic or manual transmissions.
The Independence Edition follows a successful tradition of special Saab Convertible models launched at springtime. This year also marks the 25th anniversary of the start of sales for the first Saab Convertible.
Starting at $ 46,080 MSRP.
We are very proud of our independence view this 189 seconds summary of the celebration of Saab Independence Day at the factory in Trollhättan, Sweden.
FACEBOOK – FLICKR – INSTAGRAM – SAAB NEWSROOM – To Be Continued.
Coming soon: Saab Expressions, Saab Performance Team, Delivery experience.
Copyright © 2011 Saab Cars North America (or its affiliates or licensors). Saab Automobile filed for bankruptcy 19 dec 2011 after 60 years in automotive industry. SAAB brand/logo Copyright © 2020 belongs to: SAABusa.com. This website has no affiliation with Saab. Created in April 2020 by: MarcusBergfeldt.se Watch the full story on YouTube. Please can you contribute with material to this website? Contact me.