Trollhattan: Saab celebrates its first year as an independent manufacturer with the launch of an exclusive version of the 9-3 Convertible – Independence Edition. Only 366 copies will be produced, one for each day during the first year and one extra as a starting shot for year two.
- Saab 9-3 Convertible Independence Edition is based on Aero
- Unique color and special interior details
- Three turbo engines: diesel, petrol or BioPower
Independence Edition, which is unveiled at the Trollhättan factory as a program point on Jubilee Day, has a unique metallic color called Amber Orange. The model is based on the top version Griffin Aero and each car has its number in the limited series etched in the side windows.
More distinctive features for Independence Edition are:
- Five-square 18-inch light metal colors in matte chrome / black
- Orange element in the beige colored sports leather chairs and glove compartment door
- Leather with carbon fiber look on the dashboard, handbrake lever, gear lever and door handle
- Special welcome message to the driver on the instrument display, unique turbo meter
- Sports leather steering wheel with orange seams and carpets with gray piping
The engine range consists of a 1.9-liter diesel with two-stage turbo and 180 horsepower, a 220-horsepower 2-liter gas turbo with direct injection and variable valve times, and a BioPower version that can be run on any combination of petrol and E85. All engines are offered with a six-speed gearbox, manual or automatic.
With the Independence Edition, Saab continues the tradition of launching special versions of Saab convertibles in the spring. This year is also extra special as it is 25 years since the first generation Saab Cabriolet began to be sold.